Being young and a teenager is not always a barrier to earning an income that will only bring you benefits. At this time, expenses go up, a high school student needs to buy argumentative essay, go on an excursion, or buy new clothes. For this reason, today we bring you 4 ways to make money as a teenager, quickly and safely.
How to make money on Internet if you are underage?
Earning money online as a minor is definitely one of the first options to consider if you have an Internet connection at home. While adults don’t always talk about this topic, the truth is that earning an income online is something that has been around since the dawn of the digital age, and you can work as many hours as you want, with no restrictions.
It’s so easy to find stable and well-paying jobs online that many young people choose to work through various digital platforms rather than physical jobs. Here, however, we’re going to talk about alternative work options that you can start as a young person under the age of 18.
1. Social networks
Using social media to make money is a modern option that fits perfectly with one of the most popular hobbies of young people in the world – “sharing photos and various information over the Internet”. This one, like other “digital entrepreneurship” options, requires a brief study in which it is defined:
- Social media to be managed: TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter
- Topics to create and publish content: beauty secrets, photos, travel, product reviews, trends, etc.
- The digital marketing strategies that will be covered
- What tools you will have at your disposal to create content
- The social skills needed to interact with your subscribers
- Whether you will use your social media influence to promote your own products or those of certain brands
2. Playing online games
One of the most fun ways to make money as a teenager is through online video games. It is the most popular way for young people around the world to earn an income. Not only is it a fun activity, but you can use every minute of your day to play and earn great rewards.
You’ll also be happy to know that you don’t have to limit yourself to a specific device or settle for one game mode to make money from online video games. More and more platforms and apps are appearing that are designed to give people money for leveling up.
3. Create content for YouTube or Twitch
It’s no secret that platforms like YouTube often reward creators who manage to activate a monetization plan, which is possible if your channel has more than 1,000 subscribers. So, if you’re good in front of the camera and have a great idea for content development, making money on YouTube and Twitch is an idea you may want to consider.
What’s more, on both platforms you can start generating income from audience adoption. Many brands are willing to partner with content creators to promote their products. To monetize your account on these platforms, you need the following:
- On Twitch: Get subscribers, place ads on your stream, and get donations from viewers and sponsorships from some brands.
- On YouTube: If you are underage, you need to sign up a guardian to help you manage payments, get views from those who subscribe to YouTube premium; place ads on your videos, activate super chat; purchase paid memberships from your subscribers, add a library of promotional items, etc.
4. Create a blog or website
One of the biggest advantages of the Internet is that it allows consumers to create a webspace with which to earn passive income. However, unlike most of the aforementioned offerings, creating a blog or Internet page to make money requires investment: money, time, creativity, study, and patience.
However, the monetary benefits you get in the long run can be quite high, especially if you add advertising space to it. Not to mention, you can also promote your social media, digital services, or your business products.
On the other hand, before creating your own blog or website as a teenager, consider the following points.
- Determine the purpose of your blog or website
- Find a name and hosting that best fits the vision of your project
- Publish content consistently
- Optimize your content by prioritizing SEO strategies on your page
- Add advertising
Remember that just like any other way to make money, it may not bring immediate success. But with persistence and determination, you will definitely succeed.
Are there additional ways to make money online that we haven’t mentioned? Please share in the comments the methods you have used.