Telegram’s social media platform is another ideal messaging app that you can use to communicate with your friends and family. Here are some amazing statistics you didn’t know about.
Telegram is one of the most popular social media networks that can be used to send messages, voice calls, video calls, and much more. It was started in 2013 and has continued to grow over time.
Telegram uses an open API that allows other developers to create unique Telegram apps, bots, and sticker sets. On Telegram, users can send messages and subscribe to channels, enabling creators to send messages to subscribers.
Here are 20 Telegram statistics worth noting.
Impressive Telegram Statistics
- Up to now, Telegram has over 500 million monthly active users.
- Telegram is the most popular messaging app in Iran.
- By August 2021, Telegram was the 7th most downloaded app on Apple Store and Play Store.
- Telegram gets over 55 million daily active users.
- It is estimated that Telegram users spend about 2.9 hours on the app each month.
- Telegram spends $0 on advertising.
- There are over 20,000 high-quality stickers on Telegram.
- In 2021, the Telegram app exceeded one billion downloads.
- 6% of the app’s active users are between 25-34 years.
- 85% of Telegram users have android devices.
Telegram Popularity Statistics.
1. Telegram app downloads surpassed 1 billion in 2021.
By 2021, Telegram mobile app had been downloaded more than 1 billion times. The changes that occurred to WhatsApp in 2021 led to many people shifting to Telegram.
The number of downloads has increased over time as follows:
- 2014 – 100 million
- 2015 – 130 million
- 2016 – 180 million
- 2017 – 250 million
- 2018 – 340 million
- 2019 – 515 million
- 2020 – 840 million
- 2021 – 1.3 Billion
Telegram messaging app is the 10th most used social media platform worldwide. It continues to gain popularity due to its incredible features.
3. An average user spends about 2.9 hours a month on telegram.
It is estimated that an average user spends about 2.9 hours a month on Telegram. However, in places like Russia, users can even use 5 hours per month on Telegram.
Compared to Facebook Messenger, users use about 2.7 hours on the platform. Therefore, Telegram seems more popular.
4. Around 30% of Telegram users are between 25-34 years.
Telegram is least used by children and teenagers. Most of the active users are between 25-34 years. They make a percentage of 30%.
Telegram User Statistics
5. Telegram reached over 500 million active users in 2021.
Back in 2021, Telegram reached 500 million active users. This made it one of the most popular messaging apps over time. Its popularity has increased since its inception in 2013.
- 2014 – 35 million
- 2015 – 50 million
- 2016 – 80 million
- 2017 – 150 million
- 2018 – 200 million
- 2019 – 300 million
- 2020 – 400 million
- 2021 – 500 million
Notably, 25 million new users joined Telegram in a span of 72 hours in January 2021. This was due to the WhatsApp changes that had just been implemented.
6. Telegram’s largest market is India.
The largest Telegram market is found in India, which accounts for 20% of the user base. Other countries include Iran, Russia, and Uzbekistan.
Asia has the largest percentage of users at 38%, Europe at 27%, Latin America at 21%, etc.
7. The Telegram app is available for download in 155 of the 175 globally.
Out of all the 175 countries, it is possible to download the Telegram Android app from 155 countries.
In the Windows store the telegram app is available in 52 out of the 109 countries where Windows Store operates.
8. Telegram comprises 59% of male users and 41% of female users
Most Telegram users are male and account for about 59%, while female users account for 41% only. However, the percentage may change over time.
Telegram’s Unique Features Statistics
9. Telegram has over 20,000 stickers for users to use.
Telegram features over 20,000 stickers that users can use to spice up their conversations. Therefore, as a user, you are allowed to add any graphical element that you prefer when talking with people on the platform. Spice up your personal and group conversations easily!
10. The most popular Telegram channels relate to Telegram
The most popular Telegram channels relate to Telegram, followed closely by channels that discuss cryptocurrencies.
Some of the most popular Telegram channels have a user base of more than 120 million subscribers.
11. Telegram offered about $200,000 to those who could crack its money bot.
Telegram has an option for direct money transfer known as Money talk. It easily allows users to transfer money.
The telegram team has confidence in the app and is ready to offer such an amount of $200,000 with confidence that no one can crack it.
12. Telegram is one of the most secure messaging apps.
Telegram is one of the most secure messaging apps. It offers heavily encrypted conversation; since group chats and voice calls involve end-to-end encryption.
Also, users can enable the self-destruct feature on videos, photos, messages, and files after a certain amount of time have passed after being received.
13. Users can create notification tones
Telegram users have the advantage that they can turn any sound into a notification tone. Therefore, as a user, you can create custom alerts from your favorite music.
You can also make a voice message or audio to be your notification sounds.
Telegram Innovation Statistics
14. Pavel Durov, the founder of Telegram, has invested over $3.4 billion in the app.
It is estimated that Pavel Durov has invested over $3.4 billion in the app. He is one of the most influential figures in the tech world.
15. Telegram supports over 13 languages
Telegram supports over 13 languages. These include English, Arabic, Belarusian, Catalan, Dutch, French, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, German, and more.
16. Telegram has spent $0 on advertising
Pavel Durov founded the Telegram app as a social media network. Therefore, he would never monetize his user’s private data to bring related ads.
Additionally, he wouldn’t want his users to view 30-second ads on Telegram. He has the perception that communication between users should be free of advertising.
17. Telegram is set to introduce crypto payments in its wallet bot.
It is estimated that this messaging app would receive and send crypto via The Open Network Token. Telegram will be the first messaging app to allow secure and quick crypto payments.
Telegram Revenue Statistics
18. Telegram gains money through fundraising.
Well, Telegram gains money through fundraising. The platform doesn’t generate too much profit. However, in 2018, the platform got $1.7 billion through fundraising in the Initial Coin Offerings.
Most of it was reinvested back into the development of the app.
19. Pavel Durov spends about $1 million monthly to keep the Telegram app running
It is estimated that Pavel Durov spends about $1 million monthly to ensure the Telegram app remains afloat. However, in November 2021, Telegram launched sponsored posts to advance the business.
At one point, the founder rejected an offer of up to 10% of the Telegram app, which had valued the company at $30 billion.
20. Telegram doesn’t generate revenue
Telegram is a free app that can be used by anyone. However, the company has plans to launch the freemium features shortly. However, new interventions might be implemented over time.
Use the Most Secure Social Media Platform
Telegram is one of the most secure social media platforms on the internet. It has great features and allows many people to be in a group as compared to its counterpart, WhatsApp, that only allows 256 group members.
It is one of the best apps that you can ever come across. You need t to learn the basics and use the app in your comfort. So, what are you waiting for? Use Telegram in your comfort!