Discord is a social media network with over 150 million active monthly users. People can interact based on their interests, hobbies, passions, or gaming interests.
Discord is a voice, video, and text chat app. The social app allows individuals to hang out in their communities, interact, get insights, and make friends. People use discord to talk about many diverse things from games, art, vacations, lifestyle, mental health, and much more.
Discord has over 19 million servers, most being private and some invite-only spaces to ensure you get in touch quickly.
Some of the most popular games on discord game servers are Minecraft and Fortnite. As a user, you have full control of who you interact with. It is an ideal place where people can interact and share interests and hobbies.
10 Key Discord Statistics
- Discord has grown to have 150 million monthly active users and over 350 million registered users.
- Daily, over 960 million messages are exchanged by its users on Discord.
- An average of 6 billion messages are sent each week, with 25 billion being sent each month on Discord.
- As of 2020, Discord was valued at $7 billion and $15 Billion by the end of 2021, with an expected increase in 2022.
- Currently, Discord has raised over $480 million in Venture Capital funding
- In 2020, Discord reported revenue of $130 million.
- Most of Discord’s revenue comes from Nitro, the premium enhancement bundle; Discord Nitro Classic at $4.99 monthly or $49.99 annually and Discord Nitro at $9.99 monthly or $99.99 annually.
- Discord has over 19 million active servers, with each server hosting 25,000 members at a time.
- Beast gaming is the largest discord server with over 781,780 members, Fortnite with 759,468 members, and Roblox with over 759,000 members.
- Discord has over 1447 employees, with an estimated revenue of each employee being $140,755.
Discord User Statistics
1. As of 2021, there were over 350 registered users on Discord which was a rise from 250 million in 2020.
As of 2021, there were over 350 million registered users on Discord. It is estimated that, on average, each user uses 9 minutes on the platform each day and 280 minutes per month.
Discord was created in 2015, and by 2016, there were 25 million registered users. In 2017 the registered users rose to 45 million, which then increased to 130 million in 2018.
By 2019, there were over 250 million registered users, 300 million registered users in 2020, and 350 million users in 2021.
2. How many people use discord.
Currently, Discord has over 150 million active users. The number has risen over time.
- 2017 – 10 million active users
- 2018 – 19 million active users
- 2019 – 56 million active users
- 2020 – 100 million active users
- 2021 to 2022 – 150 million active users
3. Discord has an average of 42% of users globally.
There are over 350 million registered discord users. The current active discord users are 150 million. This averages to about 42% of global users.
It is estimated that there will be an increase in Discord users as time goes by. Discord has a lot of potentials that the developers take advantage of; for the growth of the platform.
4. Up to now, there are over 10.6 concurrent users peak On Discord
In early 2020, Discord experienced an increase in concurrent users, about 2.6 million. The number then rose in 2021 and now in 2022. This has been an impressive streak since its inception in 2015.
5. Discord users by country
Discord is one of the popular streaming and chat service platforms in most countries. The countries responsible for the bulk of the traffic are
United States – 30.26%
Canada – 5.35%
United Kingdom – 4.22%
Germany – 4.02%
France – 3.36%
However, Discord is banned from public use in China.
Discord Age Group Statistics
Some teens consider Discord their favorite app. This is compared to the most common social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat.
Most teens prefer these other platforms. However, it is amazing that they still consider the Discord app for gaming, bonding, interests, and other interaction reasons. Most teens prefer playing video games and building their creativity through the multipurpose platform.
7. Discord is not that specialized for children below 13 years
The Discord app targets adults and gamers. Discord doesn’t advertise so much for the age group below 17, especially under 13.
When the Discord app was created, it was meant for adults and young adults to coordinate while playing games. Therefore, more services were specialized for them. Luckily, in 2020, Discord opened its doors to a wider audience.
8. Discord allows the creation of servers that restrict the joining of people under 18 years
Fortunately, Discord allows users to create servers with 18+ restrictions to ensure only mature people join the specific server.
These kinds of servers that are meant for gaming, movies, TV shows, lifestyle, or other things tend to attract more people.
Discord App and Platform Usage Statistics
As of 2021, the Discord app was one of the most downloaded free apps on iPad. The Discord app ranked third in the top grossing social network app in the iPhone category and first on iPad.
10. Discord has over 100 million downloads on the Play Store.
In December 2021, Discord was ranked as the most grossing app on Google play. Discord has over 100 million downloads on Play Store.
11. Discord app or online software is multi-platform.
Discord can be used on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, iPad, Android, and web browsers. Therefore, one can use the app on their phones or use the web browser to interact with people while playing certain games.
12. 70 % of Discord users claim they use the app for gaming and other activities.
Even if gaming is one of the main motives that Discord was built, many users still say that they use Discord for other reasons.
The large community of users uses it for their different interests, hobbies, and passions.
13. Many users also use Discord for streaming.
Discord is a flexible app and has grown over time. In 2021, 14% of gamers claimed that they used Discord for viewing video game live streams.
Only Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube tend to outperform Discord in this sector. Even if Discord is not majorly for streaming, it is the fourth most popular platform for video game streaming.
Statistics on the Number of Discord Messages
14. 960 million messages are sent on Discord per day.
Each day, over 960 million messages are exchanged by its users on Discord. 6 billion messages are sent each week, with 25 billion being sent each month.
15. Discord users use an average of 9 minutes a day on it.
People spend a serious amount of time on the platform to interact with like-minded people. The platform users spend up to 280 minutes a month (five hours) and 9 minutes a day.
16. A maximum of 960 million messages are sent daily on discord.
Therefore, with people spending an average of 9 minutes per day on the platform, we can estimate that a maximum of 960 million messages are sent per day.
The platform also processes 4 billion minutes of conversations on the platform every day and about 24 billion each month. Considering that the servers can accommodate 25,000 members at a time has made it gain popularity over time.
Discord Server usage
17. Discord has over 19 million active servers.
Discord has over 19 million active users, with each server hosting 25,000 members simultaneously. Discord had 13.5 million active servers in 2021, which was an increase from 6.7 million in 2020 and 4.4 million in 2019.
18. Discord server usage statistics.
Mr. Beast gaming is the largest discord server with over 781,780 members, Fortnite with 759,468 members, and Roblox with over 759,000 members.
19. Join up to 200 servers with the Nitro subscription.
With Discord Nitro, you can join up to 200 servers. You also have the option of creating servers and inviting friends. If you are not paying for it, you can be a member of 100 servers at a time. What are you waiting for?
20. Approximately 90% of Discord servers have less than 15 members
In as much as there are 150 million active monthly users on Discord, approximately 90% of the 19 million active servers have less than 15 members.
Most of the servers tend to have different subjects and topics. Unfortunately, none has ever surpassed the 1 million mark.
Discord Revenue statistics
21. Discord had quarterly revenue of 130 million as of early 2022.
As of early 2022, Discord had hit a quarterly revenue of 130million from 150 million users. This has increased over time based on the Nitro premium enhancement bundle ($9.99 a month or $99.99 annually) and other services.
Its profit growth statistics show that Discord is continuously growing as an online communication service.
22. Discord is valued at $15 billion by the end of 2021.
As of 2020, Discord was valued at $7 billion and $15 Billion by the end of 2021, with an expected increase in 2022.
This was after many investors gave the platform some funding. This shows a 188% increase each year.
23. Discord Nitro is Discord’s main source of income
Most of the Discord’s revenue comes from Nitro, the premium enhancement bundle. There is the Nitro classic of $4.99 a month or $49.99 annually or the Discord Nitro of $9.99 a month or $99.99 annually.
The Discord Nitro one tends to have more capabilities than anyone would be pleased with.
24. Discord turned down a $12 million offer
Discord rejected a $12 billion purchase offer from Microsoft. This is because Discord wanted to focus on its growth and potential. The Discord is still owned by Jason Citron, the major founder.
The Discord developers know the potential that it has and therefore make smart moves about it for its growth.
Discord Business Value Statistics
25. Jason Citron, the founder of Discord, is worth $1.8-3 million
Discord was founded in May 2015, with its headquarters in San Francisco, California. The two founders were Jason Citron, the Chief Executive Officer, and Stanislav Vishnevskiy, the Chief Technical Officer. It is estimated that Jason, the founder of Discord, has a net worth of $1.8 to $3 million.
Discord was founded with the main motive of helping friends to communicate around the world while playing online games. This boosts the connections made when playing games, creates memories and boosts interactions.
26. Discord Acquisition of Three Organizations
Aside from the internal endeavors that Discord partakes in. Over time, it purchased three companies. In 2018, Discord acquired the Blitz app, and in June 2021, they acquired Sentropy and Ubiquity6 in July 2021.
Blitz app is an AI-powered personal gaming coach for some online games, while Ubiquity6 uses computer vision to ensure massive multiplayer with augmented reality experiences. This has helped to grow its customer base over time.
27. Currently, Discord has raised over $480 million in Venture Capital funding
Up to now, Discord has raised 483.8 million across 9 funding rounds.
- In 2012, seed funding – $1.1 million,
- Series A in 2013 – $8.2 million,
- Series B in February 2015 – $4.5 million,
- Series C in January 206 – $20 million,
- Series D in January 2017 – $50 million,
- Series F in December 2018 – $50 million,
- Series G in June 2020 – $100million,
- Series H in December 2020 – $100 million
28. $140,755 is the average employee salary on discord
Discord has grown over time and has had massive successes over time. The employees get an average of $67 per hour with $140,755 per year.
The highest paid gets $238,84, while the lowest gets $39,000 annually. The payment is based on the rank the employer has.
Discord Growth over Time
Discord continues to grow with the increase in the number of users. The level of freedom it offers makes it popular among many people. Anyone can create a discord server for free for any reason.
It is also possible to post GIFs and share memes and screenshots. Also, you can stream a game and get advice on what to do to win. It has wide resources that you will love. Join the Discord community today!