Are you a content creator looking to showcase your favorite channels on YouTube? Learn how to feature channels on YouTube in this helpful guide. Find out the best tips and tricks to make your channel stand out!
If you’re a content creator on YouTube, you know that standing out on the platform can be challenging. With millions of channels competing for attention, getting your content in front of new viewers can take time and effort. One way to increase your visibility on YouTube is by featuring your channel. When you feature your channel, it is prominently displayed on the homepage or in search results, making it more likely to be discovered by potential viewers. In this article, we’ll show you how to feature your YouTube channel and provide some tips for optimizing it for discovery. Whether you’re just starting out on YouTube or looking to grow your existing audience, these strategies can help you get your channel noticed.
What Is A Featured Channel?
A featured channel is a YouTube channel promoted on another YouTube channel’s home page. This means that the featured channel’s name and logo will appear on the other channel’s page alongside the channel’s own videos, playlists, and community posts.
Featuring a channel is optional, and only some channels will have featured channels. Channels may choose to feature other channels for a variety of reasons. For example, they may have a partnership or agreement to help both channels grow. Alternatively, they may enjoy the content of the featured channel and want to recommend it to their audience. It’s important to note that featuring a channel does not imply any endorsement or recommendation of the featured channel’s content. It is simply a way for the channel owner to highlight other channels that they think their audience may be interested in.
How To Feature Channels On Youtube
To add featured channels on YouTube, follow these steps:
Step 1: First, log in to YouTube Studio by going to youtube.com and entering your login credentials.
Step 2: Once logged in, you will be taken to the YouTube Studio dashboard. From here, look for the sidebar on the left-hand side of the screen and scroll down until you see the Customization
Step 3: Click on the ADD button under the Customization section. This will open a small window with a list of options.
Step 4: Scroll down until you see the Featured Channels option, then click on it.
Step 5: You will now see a list of your subscribed channels. To add a channel to the featured section, hover your mouse cursor over the double lines next to the channel’s name and drag it to the desired location in the list.
Step 6: You can also rearrange the order of your featured channels by clicking and dragging them to a new location in the list.
Step 7: Once you have added and rearranged your featured channels, click the Save button to apply your changes.
It’s important to note that you can only add channels that you are subscribed to as featured channels. If you are not already subscribed to a channel you want to feature, you will need to subscribe to it before adding it to your featured channels list.
Why Can’t YouTube Feature Channels?
There are various reasons why a YouTube channel may not be featured on the platform. One possible reason is the lack of content on the channel. It appears that channels with no content are made public until they do have content. This means that if you have just created a new channel and have not yet uploaded any videos, your channel may not be featured.
Another reason for a channel not being featured could be due to the quality of the content. YouTube has certain guidelines for content allowed on the platform, and if a channel consistently uploads videos that violate these guidelines, it may not be featured. This could include videos that contain inappropriate or offensive content, spam, or copyright infringement.
In addition, the frequency and consistency of uploads can also play a role in whether a channel is featured. If a channel goes long periods of time without uploading new content, it may not be considered for featuring. On the other hand, a channel that consistently uploads high-quality, engaging content on a regular basis may have a better chance of being featured.
Finally, YouTube also considers a channel’s overall performance when deciding whether to feature it. This includes factors such as the number of subscribers, views, and engagement on the channel’s videos. Channels that have a strong and active community are more likely to be featured.
Importance of Adding Featured Channels on Youtube
The following are some reasons why adding feature channels on YouTube is important:
- Boosting Content Options: Your audience can choose from a wider range of content. This can be especially helpful for those who are seeking out specific types of information or entertainment.
- Enhances Traffic: It enables the viewers to get the content they want. This can increase your channel’s traffic as more people discover your page and become interested in the content you offer.
- Strengthening Personal Connections: It allows your audience to connect with the content creators. This can create a sense of familiarity and community among your viewers as they become more invested in the content and the people behind it.
- Expands Revenue Opportunities: It opens up new income opportunities. This could include ads, subscriptions, or even courses you offer through your channel.
- Reaching A Wider Audience: You can reach a larger audience interested in your content. This can be particularly useful for those trying to grow their channel and expand their reach.
- Improves Credibility: When your audience sees that you are featuring other reputable sources, they may be more likely to trust the content on your page and continue to follow your channel in the future.
Keep In Mind When featuring YouTube Channel
The following are a few points to keep in mind when featuring another channel on your YouTube page:
- Subscriber Count: It’s also important to consider the subscriber count of the channel you’re featuring. It might be less appealing to your viewers if they have a significantly lower number of subscribers than you do.
- Check For Active, Quality Content: When featuring another channel, it’s important to ensure they are active and produce high-quality content. You don’t want to feature a channel that hasn’t been updated in months or one that constantly uploads low-quality videos.
- Experimentation: Don’t be afraid to experiment with featuring different channels. Try out a few and see which ones perform the best with your audience. Just because one channel doesn’t do well doesn’t mean another won’t be a hit.
- Consider The Overall Theme: Make sure the theme of the other channel aligns with your own. For example, if you run a cooking channel, you might not want to feature a gaming channel unless they do Let’s Plays of cooking games.
To feature a channel on YouTube, you can add and rearrange featured channels using the YouTube Studio dashboard. However, it is essential to remember that not all channels will be included on the platform. This could be due to a lack of content, the content’s quality, or the upload frequency and consistency. Following YouTube’s guidelines and consistently uploading high-quality content can increase the chances of your channel being featured on the platform.