Chatbots give automated answers to customer inquiries. Therefore, a customer doesn’t need to talk to an agent all the time. These are some noteworthy statistics you didn’t know!
Chatbots are playing a huge role in businesses by making it easier to offer convenient customer support. Good customer support builds good business-customer relationships as their queries are answered on time. However, there have been issues on whether:
- Chatbots hinder purchase power,
- Chatbots have an impact on purchasing power,
- The best chatbot for different businesses.
These are some impressive chatbot statistics you might not be aware of. Therefore, if you have a business you can either consider setting up a chatbot or live chat for your customers’ convenience. However, have flexible communication channels.
Impressive Key Chatbot Statistics
- Chatbots handle about 80% of healthcare and banking queries.
- Chatbots are growing rapidly as a communication channel for businesses.
- In 2022, it is estimated that 70% of white-collar workers will interact with chatbots.
- Chatbots generate 35-40% response rates.
- Facebook has over 300,000 active chatbots.
- People enjoy using chatbots as they offer 24/7 support.
- Chatbot eCommerce transactions are set to amount to $112 billion by 2023.
- Some people would prefer waiting for an agent to using a chatbot.
- Like 41% of business chatbots are used for sale purposes.
- The global chatbot marketing revenue reached 83.4 million in 2021.
Chatbot Industry Usage Statistics
1. Chatbots are growing rapidly as a communication channel for businesses.
Chatbot usage has been increasing over time. Many business owners use chatbots for better customer service.
68% of consumers like using chatbots to get answers quickly. This helps to reduce the time used while waiting for an agent to get back to you to answer your query.
The fast-paced world has made many consumers impatient. Therefore, you can easily lose out a customer to your competitors.
2. In 2022, it is estimated that more than 71% of industries will use chatbots.
In 2019, there was a prediction that 16% of the global interaction will be through AI and machine learning, e.g. chatbots. Therefore, it is estimated that in 2022, chatbots will be used by 70% of industries.
87.2% of consumers have neutral or positive experiences with chatbots. Only a few people have had negative experiences with the use of chatbots – this shows great market acceptance.
3. Chatbots are set to handle 80% of healthcare and banking queries.
The healthcare and banking industries have benefited from the use of chatbot technology. This is because of the large volumes of interactions they have.
The healthcare and banking industries are one of the largest in the world and enough support is needed to ensure customer satisfaction. People are naturally inquisitive and if you want to capture their attention; you better answer their queries.
4. Facebook has over 300K active chatbots
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms. Most people partake in their businesses through Facebook.
Up to now, it is estimated that Facebook has over 300,000 active chatbots on the messenger platform. The bots keep increasing with each passing day.
5. 33% of consumers would prefer making hotel or restaurant reservations online.
It is estimated that 33% of consumers prefer using chatbots to make reservations. Most people prefer making reservations without necessarily speaking to a staff member.
This goes for plane booking, hotel booking, restaurant booking, Airbnb booking, hospital appointment booking, therapy session booking, and much more. People prefer fast processes instead of having to explain too much to customer agents.
Chatbot Usage Statistics
6. Chatbots are used to get quick responses to a query
Unlike having to wait for an agent to answer your query. People prefer getting access to chatbots to get quick query responses.
There are certain automatic bots and live bots operated by agents. In most cases, when a query is too complex, someone is often asked whether they would prefer talking to an agent. It works similarly the same.
Moreover, chatbots boost sales after their queries are answered.
7. Chatbots generate 35-40% response rates
It is estimated that chatbots generate about 35-40% of response rates. This helps to keep the consumers on their toes and the business owners an easier time calculating their progress.
The satisfaction rate of chatbots is above 85% – this makes it an ideal way of tending to customers’ queries. Averagely, people get answers by the fourth response.
8. People enjoy using Chatbots as they offer 24/7 support.
In this fast-paced world, people prefer fast responses and 24/7 support which chatbots offer. This is as compared to having to wait for ages for a response from the agents.
However, with pre-answered queries, it eases communication between a business and the consumer.
Chatbot Benefit Statistics
9. Most eCommerce or online store businesses tend to have the greatest chatbot customer acceptance.
Most online store customers tend to use AI chatbots to get answers to their queries. This is as compared to other industries like insurance; where people prefer talking directly to an agent.
This is great for the prosperity of eCommerce stores.
10. Using abandoned cart chatbots with Messenger helps to boost e-commerce revenue by 8-25%
Sending a message (privately) to someone who abandoned a cart after several hours can change the purchase decision of a person.
If they encountered issues, they can ask and get their query answered instantly.
Chatbot Marketing Statistics
11. More than 55% of businesses that use chatbots generate high-quality leads.
It is estimated that 55% of businesses use chatbots to generate high-quality leads. Chatbots make it easier to collect customer information instantly.
You can even ask a customer whether they would opt into getting any product updates. Therefore, you can be sending email notifications of new deals, discounts, special offers, new products, and much more. Always strive to diversify your marketing campaigns.
12. Chatbots save businesses 31% on customer support costs.
Chatbots tend to answer queries asked by customers. You just need to automate the responses based on commonly asked questions.
If the question is too complex, you can consider having an option that resorts to “speak to an agent”. The customers will leave satisfied with the help given.
Therefore, you will need to invest less in customer support or even a call center. It is estimated that chatbots will save businesses $8 billion by 2022 and 2.6B hours by 2023. Therefore, time can be used in business diversification.
Chatbot limitation statistic
13. Some people say that chatbots don’t provide a clear understanding and lead to unsolved complex issues.
Some consumers say that chatbots can’t easily solve complex issues and therefore don’t provide a good understanding. AI intelligence versus human intelligence – which is the best?
Some people also assume that chatbots are used to stop them from getting access to live support. In as much as chatbots are helpful, some people prefer talking to a live agent.
14. Some people would prefer waiting for an agent that uses a chatbot.
Some people are skeptical about the use of chatbots and would prefer waiting to speak to an agent instead. Chatbot AI technology is continuously evolving and doesn’t have all the right capabilities to reach human intelligence.
That’s why most people would prefer talking to an agent that understands their needs.
Chatbot Customer Preferences Statistics
15. More than 70% of internet users prefer chatbots.
More than 70% of internet users prefer chatbots when they want to get a query answer. Some consumers also prefer handling issues without human-agent interaction.
16. Consumers prefer instant responses from brands.
Customers prefer instant responses when contacting brands. However, others still prefer face-to-face interactions when dealing with certain complaints or disputes. For example, financial issues.
17. 60% of millennials have used chatbots.
It is estimated that more than 62% of the millennials have already used chatbots and got a recommendable experience.
18. The use of chatbots helps reduce inquiries through phone calls, SMS, or emails.
The use of chatbots helps to reduce numerous inquiries through calls, chats, and emails. This makes it easier for customers to get their queries answered in real time.
The chatbots also play a part in bringing significant ROI with minimal effort. Most websites that use chatbots are for Business to Business companies
19. Larger organizations adopt chatbots faster than small organizations.
It is estimated that larger companies adapt chatbots faster than smaller organizations. This accounts for a 46% share of the chatbot market.
Chatbot Sales Statistics
20. Like 41% of business chatbots are used for sale purposes.
Most enterprises use business chatbots to increase their sales. This also helps to change the purchasing power of individuals. Actually, in some cases, business owners said that virtual agents made it easier to close sales deals.
21. Millennials are willing to buy from companies with chatbot support
Millennials are more than willing to purchase from businesses with chatbot support. Chatbots make it easier to get answers first without having to wait long.
22. Many businesses are investing in chatbots
It is estimated that 73% of healthcare administration tasks will be automated by artificial intelligence by 2023. Also, chatbots are likely to save banking healthcare, and retail sectors up to 11 billion annually.
Also, 50.5% of enterprise companies are likely to spend more money on chatbot development than on mobile app creations. It is estimated that by 2025, the chatbot market will have reached over $1.2 billion.
23. The global chatbot marketing revenue reached 83.4 million in 2021.
In 2021, the global chatbot marketing revenue reached 83.4 million. According to Statista, it is estimated that the growth will reach $454 million by 2027.
Image courtesy: Statista
Experience Communication Using a Chatbot.
Chatbots help customers to get their queries answered immediately. Therefore, you can consider using a chatbot to boost your business. Also, many people are impatient when something on your website is unresponsive, and they require a quick response.
Therefore, having a chatbot can help boost your business and reduce the number of unsatisfied customers who visit your website. So, what are you waiting for? Set up a chatbot immediately.