In Minecraft, you can make a stick from wooden planks. You can find the wooden planks in the inventory tab, next to the crafting table. The amount of sticks you can make depends on the number of wooden planks at your disposal.
For instance, if you want to make 4 sticks, you must have 2 planks. This post will teach you how to make a stick in Minecraft. But first:
Materials Needed to Make a Stick in Minecraft
It would help if you had wood logs from trees to make sticks in Minecraft. There are different types of trees that you can use to make a stick. They include:
With either of the materials above, you can start making sticks in Minecraft.
How to Make Sticks in Minecraft
Making sticks in Minecraft is a straightforward process that anyone can do. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Find a tree and punch it. To punch a tree when playing Minecraft on a PC, Left click and Right trigger when playing on Xbox. When using PlayStation and Nintendo, press R2 and ZR, respectively.
Step 2: Collect the falling blocks on the ground and launch your crafting menu.
Step 3: Add any log to your crafting menu to make planks. The type of log you will place will determine the type of planks you will get.
Step 4: Proceed and withdraw the logs from your crafting place and add two planks aligned vertically; place one at the top and the second immediately below the first one.
Step 5: Your sticks are now ready! Remove them from the crafting interface to your inventory.
Note: While the type of planks you make depends on the logs you are using, sticks crafted from any wood will remain to be regular sticks.
With your sticks ready, what can you do with them?
What to Do With Sticks in Minecraft
Sticks are a major resource in Minecraft. You can use them as crafting material for various items in Minecraft. Some of the items you can craft using sticks include:
You can make various tools on Minecraft using sticks. And these tools comprise:
- Axes– You can use them for harvesting more wood for crafting more sticks without delays experienced when using the punching process.
- Shovels– They come in handy when you want to mine blocks faster. You will also need shovels for mining dirt, gravel, and sand.
- Pickaxes– It’s among the most used tools in Minecraft. This tool is a must when mining ore and stones and for breaking objects such as furnaces, anvils, and iron bars in the game.
- Fishing rod– You can use fishing rods for catching fish.
Besides the tools, you can also make;
Sticks form the basic building material for weapons, such as;
- Bows– You will need to use bows when you want to kill other mobs and animals from a distance. You can also use them as fuel in the furnace.
- Sword– It is the fastest weapon you can use in Minecraft for killing mobs. In addition, it’s also ideal when you want to cut bamboo.
One effortless way to light things up on Minecraft is by using a torch. You can also use torches made from sticks to melt the ice within 3 blocks and snow layers within 2 blocks.
If you want to safeguard your base in Minecraft, make fences from sticks. The sticks make a robust block that mobs can’t break!
They are vital for mining and spelunking.
Sticks are an essential resource in Minecraft. Fortunately, you can make them from wooden planks from oak, acacia, bamboo, or any other type of tree found in Minecraft. Use the sticks to make weapons, tools, fences, and ladders.